Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Enrichment 2009

We had our Christmas Enrichment this week. People signed up to decorate the tables. Mine is the center one in this collage. Others signed up to bring food. One person even brought yorkshire pudding! It was awesome.
We talked at our tables about traditions and wrote our favorite tradition on a strip of paper which is going to make a paper-chain that will be hung in our Relief Society room until Christmas as a reminder of the welding links that traditions make in our lives. I thought they did a great job considering they really have no budget.
At the end we were given a gift. We were asked to make it the last gift that is opened on Christmas. They wanted us to think about it and wrap it up again next year and do the same thing. So what did I do...opened it up that night when Rick and Steve were home! It was a Jesus Trading Card which a scripture covering up the contact information. The scripture was from John about Heavenly Father so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son. It was nice but I am so glad I didn't wait until Christmas to open it.

2 comments:

Maddy said...

I didn't read that post- it was too long, but I like your background...I'm kind of jealous of 2-toothed santa to be honest!

Michele said...

You totally need to read the last paragraph

Yeah my Santa rocks!