Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Geekiness

I guess I am not that much of a geek. I tried to post my geekiness thing at the bottom of the page put only the html posted. Yes I am only 62% geek. I will tell you a little story though...
I was sitting in a meeting today just after 5:00 pm. We were discussing the re-branding of our company and the possibility of even changing our company name. We had been discussing our sphere of influence and other things such as our "collective" (the term that was not used by me) and other ways in which we gather information and then it needs to be put in a way that everyone can know it, in real time. Also that we need to be able to adapt and assimilate information. As I sat that I though...Dude, We are Borg. So after a few moments I decided to my make my play...the guy leading the discussion said. "We are blank" I look at him and said BORG! I got a few good laughs. One guy didn't even know who they were. I thought, what planet does he come from. Then I remember, oh yes, he is Canadian. One guy pointed out the Borg were on TNG I added that they were also on Voyager. He said, they were? I said, YEAH! 7 of 9 Hello! I literally said that too. I don't think anyone in the office had ever seen me so animated. It was really entertaining. Little do they know what a geek I am.
I think I would have scored higher on the geek thing had I known anything about programming. I am not so good there.
Well it is way past my bed time, even though I am totally awake. If I don't go now who knows when I will get to sleep and then I will be too tired tomorrow to figure out what to order for lunch. I am thinking Panda for the group. Guess we shall see.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

i think 62% is pretty geeky though. I didn't think you were that high! lol