Friday, May 2, 2008

May



Yesterday was May 1st and it snowed. I am so tired of the cold and the snow. Tomorrow Jimmy is graduating from USU. I remember my graduation from USU...I wish I had worn shorts but I will tell you, it won't be quite warm enough tomorrow. Oh well...someday soon. (It better be by the end of the month so I can go to the pool Memorial Day weekend!)


Maddy and Drew got into town last night. They are coming to go to lunch with me today. I am excited to see them. I realized the other night that I am more attached to my siblings than they are to me. I really miss my sisters when I don't get to talk with them. They are both my best friends.


I had thought of all sorts of things to type on this last night but now that I am here I don't remember them.


Last night we watched The Prestige. It was a dang good show. Usually Rick picks up on more things than I in movies but not this time. I think I enjoyed it way more than he did. Also 2 nights ago I started reading Twilight. I wasn't going to start until I finished my Catherine the Great book but here I am half way through it. I have been sucked in! I keep thinking of ways and times I can read. I didn't bring it with me to work today so I wouldn't be tempted to just sit back and read.


Tonight we are taking Stephen out to Black Angus for his birthday. (Yesterday he turned 20) Tomorrow we are headed to Logan and might hit the Smithfield cemetery for some headstones. I have a "cousin" who has sent me a lot of information and she said all of the headstones from Smithfield are on the cd's so we might not take the time. I do think I want to go to the Pepperidge Farm outlet for some food storage items. I figured out this week that since no one uses the Jeff Gordon bathtub, we can put food storage in there and probably a lot of it. I have 14 bags of wheat coming which I need to find a home for. No- what I really need is a home, not just an appartment.


Let's see...what picture shall I post today...

Oh here is another thought...

In my family's genealogy we have some ancestors that were in the Willie Handcart Company. http://www.handcart.com/williecompanybody.htm I knew that they made it to Utah as my great great grandfather was born in Utah but I could not find their burial locations. Just this week I was able to learn that they died in Iowa. That's right...they went back. I do have the exact location of my great great great grandfather's burial and death date but not of his wife. I guess some names would be helpful here... William Dykes Ledingham and Catherine McKay - their son was Jon S. Ledingham who's daughter was Thelma Ledingham also known as Grandma Weeks, Keith's mom. (for those who are keeping track here). So now I am going to order his death certificate but I am still searching for more information on Catherine. I shall keep you updated.
So there is the explanation to this photo.
Time to get back to work....



1 comment:

Maddy said...

headstones are cool. I'm jealous of your wheat grinder!