I have to admit something, I don't think I ever believed in Santa Clause. Seriously. My mom never really did stuff to make him real. I remember there being gifts that had a different wrapping on them and of course the cookies were half eaten. If I did believe in him it was long before I really remember life. I remember my mom filling the stockings in front of me. I know that I was the one doing it by the time I was 14. I was the one eating the cookies and drinking the milk too. Even though I remember taking my youngest sister and helping her put them out. I don't know how my brother and sisters felt/though. I am going to have to ask them...hey Maddy...did you believe in Santa?
I mentioned this to my mom one day. She said that she never did anything because she didn't want to lie to us. (She thinks she is a hippy but she isn't a very good one.) Anyway, she said that if she were to do it over again she would make a big deal about Santa because it is a good learning experience for kids to learn and figure things out on their own that he isn't real.
Then there is the flip side. I have a friend who loves Christmas and Santa so much that I know at age 12 his son still 100% believed in Santa. He would get in fights with kids at school about it. I think my friend was going to tell him before he started Jr High but seriously....there has to be a stopping point.
As for the other Holiday people...nope never believe in them either. I knew my mom was the tooth fairy. I knew she hid our Easter Baskets behind the drapes and I was also doing that by the time I was 14.
I don't think of this as being sad though. Well maybe a little but it is the way it was and not much I can do about it know. I will tell you this, I sure as heck did NOT like sitting on Santa's lap! (I had to clear all my photos off my hard drive this week or I would post a photo.)
Some Photos for a Friend
-
Yeah, it's been awhile. I was talking with a friend recently on FB and I
told him I would take some photos. These are for him.
The local lake - all frozen....
12 years ago







1 comment:
You know, it is good that you realize this. That way when you guys do have little ones running around again, you can do for them what you wish that you could have had. Does that make sense. I think that that is what we get from our parents. We adopt the things that we loved and we try to change the things that could have been better. Love Ya!
Post a Comment