Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Great Salt Lake Marina

Last weekend we decided to brace the 100 degree temperatures and go to the Great Salt Lake Marina. It was fun, hot, and smelly. I was surprised at how many sail boats there were. There were some weirdos getting into the water too. The dood always loves to have his photo taken...Check out my photography blog for some other cool photos.






I learned that Utah has one of the three largest pelican populations in the country! Then of course there is Pink Floyd - the flamingo that escaped from the aviary many years ago. We didn't see him though.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Maddy said...

I had NO idea they had tons of pelicans! Where have they been my whole life?! I love your shorts! where'd you get em?

Michele said...

I never saw pelicans until we lived in Draper on our pond there. I see them ALL the time on our new lake.
I got them at the Lane Bryant outlet in Veags. They are supposed to be rolled up but you know how that goes.