Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Funny Thanksgiving Story ~ Well I Think It Is

Many many many moons ago I had a boyfriend I thought I was in love with. (I probably was at the time.) A few days before Thanksgiving he broke up with me. We had been dating for almost a year and he told me that he needed space and time to be with his buddies and space to study for finals. I thought, what a jerk but he broke my heart. He decided to go up to Idaho Falls, where he grew up, to spend Thanksgiving with his friends up there.
One night while there they were at a bar and he ended up "hooking up" with some girl. I know she hung out with him and his friends over the weekend. When he came back, we did get back together, with some conditions but still we were "together" and that is what mattered to me at the time. BUT I needed to know more about this girl. I learned that he had kissed her on her doorstep. I was pissed! I also learned that he kept her phone number in his wallet.
One evening I was at his place and he was in the other room or something, I grabbed his wallet, pulled out the number and took care of it. (This is the funny part.) There was no way I was going to let some IF hussy get to my boyfriend.
I don't think he ever noticed. He never mentioned it to me if he did.

Why do I tell you this story? I was in the kitchen thinking about Thanksgiving and what I have done on Thanksgiving in the past. This Thanksgiving happened to pop into my head and I thought I would just share that story with you all. Basically I am very protective and can be sneaky sneaky if needed.
I am contemplating writing down other Thanksgiving stories but not sure that I feel like taking the time. I have things to do, places to go, people to see...ok not really...sometimes I really do get tired of the computer.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: