I have several friends who are really cool and have been writing every day for some time now what they are grateful for in their lives. I thought that this was something really nice to do but rather than doing it everyday I am just going to post this one time. (They are just nicer people that I am I suppose hehehe)
Family
I am grateful for family. My siblings mean the world to me. I am so grateful I have a relationship with my brother where we can just sit and chat. I must admit, I actually talk with him on the phone. (I guess I know I can tell him I am tired of the phone and he doesn't get offended when I want to stop talking.)
Anyway, my point is that I sure love my siblings. I am so very attached to them and don't know what I would do without them.
Extended Family
I have the most incredible extended family ever. They have accepted me as part of the family from day one. I was called Aunt Shel from the very first time I met the nieces. There are so many different family members (Rick is the next to the youngest of 6) and his parents...they are awesome. I am so grateful to be completely accepted and loved by my extended family.
The Gospel
I am grateful for the Gospel for being in my life. It has helped me become who I am. It has helped me over come so many trials and helped me understand why I have trials. I am so grateful that Rick and I were able to be sealed for time and eternity in the Temple.
I could go one and on with specifics but I think one gets the picture.
Technology
This is a very broad range...I am grateful to live in the day and age of modern medicine, (painkillers, anesthesia etc) the age of furnaces and refrigeration. I am grateful for computers and the ability to reconnect with old friends and stay in touch with family and current friends along with the ability to make new friends.
Friends
I am thankful to have the friends who care about me and my well being. I am some incredible friends from my ward and from high school. It is amazing again how technology has made things possible for me to reconnect with these old friends.
My Job
I am thankful to have the job I do. I am blessed to work with wonderful people who want to do what is right in this world. I have been blessed to have the freedom to do the things I have needed to do, such as bed rest, as much as I have needed and be told, Take care of yourself and not once, you need to get back here. (even though I did get the, you are missed and things aren't the same without you here.)
Rick
Yeah I know it is cheesy but it is true. I am very grateful to have Rick in my life. He is a blessing that was worth waiting for. I can't imagine being married to anyone else. He is the most perfect guy out there for me.
Some Photos for a Friend
-
Yeah, it's been awhile. I was talking with a friend recently on FB and I
told him I would take some photos. These are for him.
The local lake - all frozen....
12 years ago







2 comments:
That is a really sweet post. I really like it!
ditto on the friends..great post!
Post a Comment