Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spiritual Overload

This post is something that really is a bit new to me. I have been hesitant to post it but decided I would.

I felt today like I was having a Spiritual Overload. I have had some incredible experiences since Rick started working for the Church. I feel that I have become more sensitive and intune to the Spirit. As I mentioned in a previous post, I was on anti-depressants for a very long time. During that time I was so numb to so many things that now I feel like I cry over the simplest things. Today when President Monson stood up in morning conference to name the new apostle, I started crying.
I busied myself the rest of morning conference while having it on in the background. I did sit back down to listen to President Eyring. Again, the tears came.
I remember going to different singles wards. People would get up and talk the week before conference, so usually a fast Sunday, about how excited they were about upcoming conference. Honestly, I would just ignore those people. I used to think...whatever! It is a good chance to stay home from church and all that. Only the last few years have I begun to think differently.
In 2000 I was in England over spring conference. We were only able to see one session live and one session that was previously taped. The internet was around but the connection wasn't what it is now. I remember coming home thinking how blessed we are to have it on tv.
So this weekend, as I sit back on my couch (yes Rick had tickets but we decided since he had to work Saturday morning that Sunday we would stay home rather than deal with the crowds) we will be enjoying the Spiritual Overload which we are so blessed to have.

The top photo is what Temple Square used to look like. The thatched roof area on the right is what was known as the Bowery where conference was first held and the building prior to the Tabernacle.

1 comment:

heather said...

Elder Eyring's and Elder Scott's talks had me in tears! It's a good thing :)