Saturday, May 30, 2009

Enrichment aka Homemaking

Let me tell everyone upfront, I do not like enrichment, homemaking or whatever you want to call it. (For those of you who may not know, in the LDS Church women get together ~ in my ward it is 4 times a year~ to "enrich" themselves and others.) I have always figured that if I needed to know something or learn to do something I would find it online, in a book or call a friend who could teach me then and there rather than waiting for someone in the ward to come up with the idea. Additionally, in the past I would much rather have my evenings to myself rather than spending it at the church.
With all that said, I am on the enrichment committee and last month we had an awesome activity.

We had a celebration of being an 8 Cow Woman.

"Because You Are an 8 Cow Woman"
Each cow represents a different principle that will help each of you find the beauty within.
"Because You Are an 8 Cow Woman--Because You Are a Daughter of God"
Contented Cow: Understand Your Celestial Worth
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=229e66ce3a47b010VgnVCM1000004d8262
0a____&hideNav=1
Moo Cow: Speak with the Tongue of Angels
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd
536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=493785aa6bf22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
Holy Cow: Make Time to Be Holy

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=fbe73b4c3713a110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
Cash Cow: Avoid the Trap That Can Destroy
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=9c1f2150a447b010VgnVCM1000004d82
620a____&hideNav=1
Farm Cow: Keep Physically Fit
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=a600535cedb1c010VgnVCM10000
04d82620a____&hideNav=1
Dancing Cow: Recognize Your Uniqueness
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=8372b850e318b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1
Milk Cow: "Lift Where You Stand"

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=68a6a0ad4843d110VgnVCM10000
0176f620a____&hideNav=1
Forever Cow: Stay Aboard for the Whole Journey
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=348e0e2cbc3fb010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

Since I am on the committee, I was able to help paint the cows. The lady in charge is so talented and came up with all of the ideas. Additionally, I am the one who prepared all the food. It was fun to put that together and see the fruits of my labors enjoyed so well.

I suppose in the end, I am going to have to check out enrichment again.

(If the links don't work, try to copy and paste them.)

2 comments:

Faires Bears and Toads said...

You did a great job! I am very impressed. Where in the world do you find the time. You need to stop serving others and start hanging out with me more often.

Michele said...

I agree! I am on the activities committee too and we have a big activity coming up June 30th. Now this job thing, my life is getting way too complicated!