Friday night we dropped it off to get inspected so we could register it this month. Saturday morning while I was at the grocery store Rick called to let me know he had heard the diagnosis on the car. We figured we would need new tires and maybe a new O2 sensor since the check engine light was on. Boy was I wrong, the care needed a new cadalidic converter. (I have no idea how to spell that.) $1,044 dollars later we had our car back. It still needs new tires, new brakes and rotors but the guy was nice enough to tell us that we could come back in a month or so.
Then to top it off....this morning as Rick and I are heading to church we drive back the Corrolla and I realize, the bumper is hanging off the car. Not 30 min before this I had heard about Maddy & Drew getting rear-ended on the freeway on their way home from the airport last night and that their car might be totaled.
So Rick stops the car right there in the middle of the road and gets out. All the foam and padding stuff under the bumper was on the ground. That car had been pushed 2-3 feet! Fortunately the guy left a note. We were shocked. We proceeded to go to church, another story in itself and called the guy when we came back.
He is an Asian guy here for work for 2 months and the car is a rental car. He actually parked right next to us. His car barely has a scratch on it. Rick said that he was very nice and said that he dropped something and went to pick it up and that is when he hit our car. The police offer came to check it out, we had to have a case number even though it was on private property. Rick asked, how fast do you think he had to be going to make the car move that far? He said, "pretty darn fast".
We will be calling the rental car company at 7:30 tomorrow morning when they open and they should be getting us a rental car while ours gets fixed. Just not fun! I am glad that no one was hurt.







1 comment:
ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh. I am thoroughly impressed that he left contact info though!!! I would have been dead afraid to do that. Dayumn, what a horrible day. I guess things could be worse though, eh?
Post a Comment