A friend of mine thought highly enough of me to want to know what makes me happy. She started this tag and I am continuing it. She had some wonderful things which make her happy too. Mine are in no particular order. Just as I think of them.
If you get tagged, you have to list 10 things that make you happy. What are the things that tickle your fancy, make you smile or still give you that butterfly sensation. What things do you seek out and truly enjoy. The only rule is that you can't say your kids or your spouse...it's too easy.
1. Sun - The heat of 90+ degree weather when I am able to sit outside next to a swimming pool. I love the sun and the warmth it brings to me. I love to sit out on my deck and take a nap in the afternoon and feel the warm air as a blanket around my body. In the winter, I love to sit on a couch and feel the warm rays hitting my body.
2. Vacations - I love going on vacation. I like to go to new places, I like to go to old places. I like to see new things for me. I love to see family. I LOVE to be in a hotel that is clean, knowing I don't have to make my bed and I will have fresh towels every morning if I want them. Vacations just make me so happy, at least when there aren't a ton of people traveling with me.
3. My Sisters - I couldn't put Rick down but I sure as heck can put down my sisters! They are so funny! They make me laugh all the time. I love how creative they are and always depend upon them to give me ideas being as I am the left brained one of the group. I love to see them come online so we can chat and they can tell me about their funny lives.
4. Genealogy/Family Ancestry stuff - I haven't been doing this for very long but I find so much joy in it. I love that I have found my place in compiling information as so much has already been done. I get such joy out of putting photos and stories to names then organizing it so I can share it with others in a way other than the boring old spreadsheets.
5. Computers/Interwebs - I would die without my computer and the interwebs! It keeps me in touch with my family and it has made it so I have relationships with friends I never would have had. I love reading blogs and blogging. I love chatting. I love being able to research most anything my heart desires...well if I remember it by the time I get to the computer.
6. Electronic Scrapbooking Michele Style - I am not a professional photographer by any means but I love to take the photos I and other have taken and put them into videos and slideshows for people to watch. I spend hours makeing my "movies". I have always enjoyed watching slides and looking through photo albums but I absolutely adore being able to put together something on a dvd that we can watch on tv with music. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I am done and want every one to watch. I often find myself just sitting back, watching my movie thinking, WOW I did that!
7. Flowers - Darci mentioned flowers and I have to agree. They can lighten up a room. The smell just brings happiness to my heart. I too buy them periodically just to brighten up a room. I look forward to the time when I have my own yard and can create a flower garden where I can have my own cut flowers all summer long.
8. Reading - I love to read, when it is a good book. I read whenever I am not on the computer.
9. I can't mention the next thing that came to mind...just know...I have a #9. Maddy, I will tell you. hehehe and no it isn't sex!
10. New clothes! I love new clothes that fit well. I don't buy clothes like I used to. Maybe it is the 30 pounds I have gained. Maybe it is being married. Nevertheless, I still love new clothes!
I now tag: Carrie, Maddy, Rachael and anyone else who wants to share their happiness with us.
Some Photos for a Friend
-
Yeah, it's been awhile. I was talking with a friend recently on FB and I
told him I would take some photos. These are for him.
The local lake - all frozen....
12 years ago







2 comments:
Thank you again for indulging me. It was fun to read what makes you happy. Now you have me curious and I have to know what number 9 is. Let's get together sometime.
its a dang good thing I read this on my phone while i was in some meeting. There's no way I can read it again- it's just TOO long. ugh. ;)
Post a Comment