Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pasco Washington


Rick and I were able to use frequent flyer miles for our trip. We were able to get a one-way flight on the way back but not on the way to Seattle. We had the opportunity of stopping for 3 hours in Pasco Washington. The airport of the Tri-Cities area. The above photo is the full airport. While hanging out there I decided to call Rissa. Marissa has been in this lovely airport before. Rissa found the airport on line and they happened to have a live webcam. I walked around the airport trying to find it but alas, I was unsuccesful.
Also, when Rick first started working at England (See How Rick and I met) he was a planner for the northwest area of the country. Pasco/Kennewick and whatever the other city is up there are a major hub for ground transportation in the northwest.
We decided to leave the secured area since we had some time on our hands. We ended up watching some Harry Potter for a while and then checked out the groovy restaurant in the airport. They had Walla Walla Onions for a limited time. We were able to partake and enjoyed some great onion rings, minus the fry sauce. (I serious do not understand how fry sauce has not become at staple in other parts of the country. Nevertheless the ranch was good.)
The last photo on our tour of the Tri-Cities airport is of me with my back against the furtherest wall in the airport taking a photo of the entire airport. There are 5, yes 5 total gates and you can see security from where I was standing. Rick said it was like going to the Salt Lake airport back in the 70's.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hooray for vacation!! Thanks for sharing

heather said...

One fo my really good friends in college, Scott Bleazard is from Pasco. Small world! thanks for all of your comments... you made me smile.

Maddy said...

yay for pasco!