Thursday, January 8, 2009

January Goings On

I can't believe I haven't posted anything on here yet this year...Oh wait, yes I can. I am now unemployed and not dieing of boredom at work anymore. I have things to do. Places to go. People to see. Actually - I have had 2 interviews this week. I really would like to get the one from Monday actually so please pray for me.
On another note, I started making a quilt back in September. I have had one thing or another come along that has made it go so slow. This week Rick brought over from his brother's house quilting frames. We set it up and it took me about 6 hours to get the entire thing done. First of all somewhere along the line I ended up cutting the back piece WAY too big so it was on the frame and so was the batting when I laid the quilt on it and I was way off. BUT this actually excited me. It meant I had room for a boarder so I spent about an hour of that time cutting and adding a boarder. After that I ended up not having too much extra. Good thing. This weekend I am going to get some black boarder and finish it off. Rick's sister in law is a major embroider. I am going to have her embroider in the corner something like my initials and the date. Afterall, it is my first quilt.

Today after my interview I went to the family history library at my stake center. I decided it was time to move on to the next step in organizing my information and getting information ready for ordinances. I learned a lot in the time I was there. 1st - Many things have been duplicated. It was interesting to see things being done for say my great great grandparents in the Washington Temple. I also saw that some people are just retarded - someone has a "card" in their possession to do the Temple work for my great aunt, Mernie. (She never married and never had children.) There is someone out there who obviously didn't know her. They have gone through the work to be able to her Temple work. Well let me tell you - she did it all herself. I know. When she was old and dieing I helped her with her garments. I know that she was wearing her Temple clothes when she was buried. I have a good idea of who did this too - all I can say is - Retard! It was all very interesting though and I will be able to get much of my file updated. #2 It is really cool seeing that many of Rick's and my relatives had their endowments done at the Endowment House. #3 The organization that I have been doing with getting birth certificates, marriages certs, etc all electronic is a great place for me. After talking with the ladies working at the library, I know that this is very rarely done. I am grateful I came up with idea and place for myself.

Now for the rest of what has been going on - I won't blog much about the awesome Utah game - Just post this fun picture of Rick taken at our very exclusive party.

Most importantly though I have the photo of my car. Yes this is MY car. Not some photo pulled from the internet. I fund a picture of Jeff Gordon, I had my mom who works for a company which can create stickers make this for me. Then I ordered the stick figures. I wish they had arms to wrap about Jeff - my mom didn't really have anything for stick figures - but I still think it gets the point across ---That I am a dork.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Love the quilt! So talented! Did you lose your job or quit? I am sorry about that, I hope you find one soon! It was so good seeing you guys last Sunday! I hope all is well with you both :)

heather said...

Praying that you get that job! I love your car, I'm a big Jeff fan myself...

Unknown said...

hee

Connie said...

The quilt looks great!! That is not the original fabric you showed me, but I LOVE it even more!! Go Michelle--you may soon be officially addicted to quilting!!