Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boring and a New Job

I am sorry that my blog has become so mundane lately and that I don't post very often. The reality is that my life has become a bit monotonous. I am enjoying it immensely but since it consists of family history and stories I think that most people don't want to read about this so I haven't posted.

I will mention this though, Rick has a new job. This is his third week of working for the Church and he loves it. It is very structured and organized. He thrives in situations like this. There is training and uniforms. Rick is managing a group of I think 10 people on a custodial staff. He is in charge from 1:00 - 9:30 of the Joseph Smith Building, LDS Business College at the Triad Center, a "home" next to Triad (I can't remember the name but it is the red brick building between Triad and the Delta Center), a building on state street and a building in Bountiful.
He has full access to all of the tunnels under Temple Square which I think is pretty cool too. Maybe someday I will get to check them out. Did you know that they are carpeted and have elevators and all in them? Not just sealed concrete like the conference center parking garage.

I haven't been successful at finding a job. I applied to 15 jobs on Friday last week. (Yes I counted last night.) But hey, the right one will come along. :)

Life is good.

2 comments:

heather said...

Keep your chin up on the job thing! I took a break for a week to get my house cleaned but need to start looking again. Rick's job sounds awesome! How cool is that working for the church? And I love family history so I'll always read your posts.

Monica said...

Congrats to Rick! You know what's weird, I think he has the same job my friend's brother used to have there for years...sounds like the same job and same hours. Except he managed the staff right in the COB, I think. Anyway, I'm glad he's enjoying it! Good luck with your job search--I'm sure something will turn up!