
I was talking with a friend tonight about becoming a Professional Genealogist. I had another a few months back suggest I do something similar in putting books and such together. I thought I would approach my friend on here and get some feedback from you.
I was thinking some of the services I could provide are:

~Converting family sheets to electronic files (You know those BIG pages and BIG books we used to keep all our genealogy in?)
-Charge by per family?
-Charge by per marriage?
-Charge by per page?
~Adding photos to electronic files
~Preparing names for the Temple...finding out what work needs to be done and printing off the cards
-Charge by per ordinance?
-Charge by per person?
~Adding new people to a tree
~Finding out stories/immigration/emigration (yes they are different and I can tell you if you would like, but it will cost ya.)
~Providing Official documents such as:
Marriage Certificates
Death Certificates
Census Records
~Finding Headstones
~Providing all information in an electronic format
~Providing printed information
So my friends, would you hire me to help you with any of this? Please share any thoughts on other things someone might want to find and if you think this is even something worth pursuing. I am open to any and all ideas.







3 comments:
That sounds like a really neat idea as a job! And it would be very rewarding/uplifting as well, plus you would get paid for it! So nice. My dad is a historian actually and is very good at genealogy as well if ever need some questions answered or resources, just let me know and I can give you his number! Hope everything else is going well in your life! :) Keep us posted!
I think you will do AWESOME!!!!! You are so so good at it!!
Thank you again for all your help today! xoxoxox
You know, you are completely awesome at this. I say do what you love! You won't even think of it as work! I would hire you!
Post a Comment