Tuesday Night - muscle aches and pains woke me up several times during the night
Wednesday Day - muscle aches and pains worsen but I chalked them up to tennis from Monday
Wednesday Night - more intense muscle aches and pains woken me much of the night
Thursday Day - I am thinking, I have the flu cause my body is just hurting, joints and muscles
Thursday Evening - I notice a rash on my lower legs. Similar to the one in the photo of my arm

Thursday Night - the fever kicking in around 101. It broke at least once
From here on it is just a mix of swollen joints, muscles aches, fevers coming and going, a headache that wouldn't stop and a rash covering my legs and some of my arms.
Saturday morning Rick had to work so I went to get some Tylenol myself, bad idea. I ended up passing out in the kitchen. Fortunately, I knew it was coming and helped myself go down.
Rick took me to insta-care on Saturday. The doctor there couldn't figure out what was wrong so he ordered several blood tests. The MA couldn't get my vein because I was slightly dehydrated. He poked around a bit and found it BUT he couldn't get all the blood that was needed because the vein collapsed just as I told him he needed to stop and get me some juice because I was about to pass out. Then an RN came back and she found a vein on the other side with no troubles. The immediate tests came back saying that my white cells were morphed...which was good cause it meant they were working but everything else looked just right. We waited to get the rest back on Sunday and were told again that all but one of the tests were good. The ESR though was 55 and it should only be 20. This told them that either I have a viral infection, lupus or rhumatoid arthritis.
Monday morning Rick took me to our regular clinic. They took forever to wait on me, until I started getting light headed again. The problem this time, the vomitting had started Sunday night. I couldn't keep down literally a teaspoon of water. When Rick told them that I was going to pass out they got me in a room pretty darn quick. Again though, the doctor couldn't not figure out what was wrong but he was sure it was a virus rather than anything worse. He told me that I would not die.
I was given a shot for the nausea and I am very grateful I had enough fluid in me that I really wasn't dehydrated enough for the hospital. Rick was actually getting pretty worried that was where I was headed though because I was NOT improving. Poor Rick was even losing sleep worrying about me because really it was just getting worse every day until Tuesday.
I think I might have been awake for 4 hours total from Sunday night until Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning I finally felt like I was back in the land of the living. Here it is Wednesday and I mentally feel great. I am still swollen enough that I can't stand or even sit up and my rash is fading drastically BUT I am not going to die.
So if you have any ideas of what this virus is please let me know cause the doctor's sure couldn't figure it out.







9 comments:
It's interesting that they gave you such a huge range of what it might possibly be. Stupid doctors. I went in to the ER one time because of bumps behind my ears- no one could figure out what was wrong. Turns out, it was just swollen lymph nodes. I hope you get better quickly!
That sounds terrible! I'm glad you're feeling better now.
Doctors are in what they call a "practice" We see why! I hope you feel better soon.
Yikes! That is exactly whi I hate going to the insta care or ER. I hope this all clears up and FAST. Can you take pictures Mother's Day weekend? Todd changed our trip plans.
Eeek! That's terrible! I hope it clears up soon (and glad you're at least feeling somewhat better)!
Yeah, it sounds like it is an infection or a virus.....maybe from playing tennis on Monday? Did you touch anything on the court and then touch your legs and your face? Just a guess...So sorry you had to go through all of that!!! Poor thing. I am glad you are getting better! I hope you recover fully soon! :)
We are pretty sure I picked up something at the Jazz game on the 11th or at Applebee's beforehand since it had to incubate for a few days and since no one I know has been sick.
I am pretty much back to normal today other than some splotchiness and I am UBBER swollen still in most of my joints making it very difficult to walk. But hey, I made it to the computer didn't I?
Doesn't the insta-care doc watch House? It's NEVER lupus!
Sorry you are sick-bits. If it's any consolation, the insta-care docs insisted that the pain from the endo was actually IBS. Yeah, nice try guys.
You'd about have to be in the coffin to not make it to the computer!! :) Love you Shel!! Sorry you have been so horribly ill!!
Post a Comment