Some time ago, Marissa decided she wanted to make a coffee table book about eggplants.
Whenever we went to the grocery store together an eggplant ended up in my shopping cart and it would end up in a new home, such as with the frozen food or baby clothes. (Smith's Market Place....man I miss that store!) We even grew an eggplant one year. It didn't grow to be very large but it grew nonetheless. ANYWAY~ As soon as I saw these beauties I had to take a photo for her. Even though she doesn't read my blog. She is way too much of a rockstar to take time to read my blog. (For those of you that don't know, Rissa is my youngest sister who happens to work for SaltAire with all of their concerts. She is 21, almost 22 and living the dream. NOT my dream!)
Back to the famer's market. We bought some lovely fresh veggies and some homemade bread. Rick picked out the bread, it was bread with spinach, onions and something else in it. It was delicious.
My favorite part about the market was the flowers.
FLOWERS, FLOWERS and MORE FLOWERS!
We bought some flowers for Grandma Jo as a birthday gift.
We bought some for Maddy, who forgot to take them home. And we bought some for Laurie for letting us stay in their home.
I wish I could have fresh flowers like that all the time. Seriously...the bunch we bought for Laurie was only $5. Talk about killer deal. Plus they are zinnias which just don't grow in Utah like they do in Seattle. This is the farmer's market that really got me going on the tree hugging too.
Back to the famer's market. We bought some lovely fresh veggies and some homemade bread. Rick picked out the bread, it was bread with spinach, onions and something else in it. It was delicious.
My favorite part about the market was the flowers.







3 comments:
did you at least tell her of the fabulous eggplant picture?
Eggplant? Never tried it, but I LOVE LOVE farmer's markets!
We don't actually eat it...it is from an alien planet and is here for us to just admire.
Post a Comment