Thursday, August 28, 2008

Road to Avonlea

My all time favorite TV show is Road to Avonlea I used to watch it on the Disney channel everyday. I didn't start watching it until I was probably 16 or 17 but I just loved it. A few years ago some episodes came out on dvd. I don't remember if I bought it for myself or one of my sisters bought it for me...it probably was Maddy. Anyway, I have watched it over and over and over! Many times more than I have watched Anne of Green Gables.
I learned about 3 years ago I could buy a full season for $100. There was no way I was paying that much. About 3 months ago I found it at Costco for $60 a series. I still was a good girl and did not buy it. I really try to not come home from Costco with all sorts of things, like clothes and the cool stuff that they have there.
For some reason this week I decided to see what was to be found on Ebay. There are several seasons on there for $35! I found season five for $11. I decided to bid on it. I don't think I have ever actually bid on something. Usually I do the buy it now and call it good. Well tonight I won my bid on ebay. (I think I won some Dresden on there about 4 years ago.) And it was for less than $20. I am SOOOOO excited to have another season to watch. I do plan to accumulate all of the seasons, 7 in all but it is going to have to be all sneaky sneaky like. Rick doesn't watch these with me so he doesn't endorse my purchases of them on a regular basis. Maybe I can get another season or two for Christmas....

1 comment:

Faires Bears and Toads said...

I am an Anne junkie!!! We should get together and watch it. I don't think that they guys would get it.